V-Week Bid Drive
Why the Drive?
In celebration of Valentine’s Day, and our nation's veterans to whom we owe much, AnniesBid is running a bid drive for our featured cause, Operation Homefront. We hope to raise $1,000 or this week with your help!
Valentine's Day is a holiday celebration love and sacrifice, and we want you to help extend this to our nation's veterans by driving up bidding and thus donations to Operation Homefront. We're also going to share with our top bidders with dozens of prizes of up to $250 for the top bidders, and nearly one hundred opportunities to win free bids and keep the drive alive. This is a big one!
The Drive Explained:
The contest starts on Valentine’s Day (Feb 14, 2012) and lasts until all auctions originally scheduled to close before midnight on Friday (Feb 17). You can win one of two ways:
1. Bid the most on individual auctions and you'll get 10 bids
2. Bid the most during the week and you can win up to $250.
All bids placed between 2/14 and 2/17 (or until the last auctiosn close) will be tallied up.
The more you bid, the higher you rank for either type of prize. The more that everyone bids, the higher the prizes. Its that simple! See the tables below to see what the prizes are at different levels. Additionally, whoever places the most bids in an auction will win 10 free bids!
And with more auctions being run on AnniesBid this week than ever before, you will have plenty of opportunities to bid, win and help give to Operation Homefront!
Need help getting the bids you need to win? Stock up on bids using the following codes to get additional free bids (with purchase of a bid pack):
Regular Bid Packs: BIDDRIVE will give you 25 free bids on a bid package of 100 or more bids. You can use this code as many times as you need.
Starter Bid Packs: STARTERDRIVE will give you 50 free bids on starter bid packages.
There are four different prize levels that change depending on how many bids are placed during V-Week. The more total bids placed on the site, the better the prizes get. The prizes start at 15,000 total bids placed on the site, and continue up to 30,000 bids.
|Literally dozens of prizes will be awarded through the week!|
|1. The bidder with the most bids placed in each auction, whether they win or not, will win 10 bids.|
|2. The top bidders during V-Week will win a gift card of their choice, or bids, based on the total bids.|
|Total Bids Placed on AnniesBid:||15,000 bids||17,500 bids||20,000 bids||30,000 bids|
|1st place (most bids placed)||One $50 prize||One $75||One $150||One $250|
|2nd||Two $25 prizes||Two $25||Two $50||Two $100|
|3rd||Two $10||Two $25||Two $50|
|Top Intermediate Bidders (Max 15 wins)|
|1st||One $25 prize||One $50||One $100||One $150|
|2nd||Two $10 prizes||Two $25||Two $50||Two $75|
|3rd||Four 25 Bid Vouchers||Four 25 Bid Vouchers||Four $10||Four $25|
|4th||Four 25 Bid Vouchers||Four 50 Bid Vouchers|
|Top Beginner Bidders (4 wins or Fewer)|
|1st||Four $10 prizes||One $25||Two $25||One $50|
|2nd||Four 10 Bid Vouchers||Four $10||Four $10||Two $25|
|3rd||Four 10 Bid Vouchers||Six 10 Bid Vouchers||Four $10|
|4th||Six 10 Bid Vouchers|
Hints on Strategy
Here is a tip for those of you competing for the top spots: Be aware of your win limits! If you use up your win limits early this week, you will not be able to bid more.
1. Try placing bids early in auctions, much before they are about to close. This way you will raise the total number of bids you are placing on auctions, but you will have less likely of a chance of winning the item and raising your win limits. It will also encourage others to place more bids on the site, raising the total number of bids placed during the week, which will increase the value of the prizes and the donation to Operation Homefront.
2. Use bids on auctions where the bidding pace is fast - you'll be sure that those auctions won't close and you'll be able to place bids that won't result in a win, allowing you to focus on winning what you actually want that night.
3. Dont be intimidated by heavy bidding by expert bidders or the leaderboard if you are a beginner or intermediate player. We have up to 16 prizes set aside only for those bidders who have won fewer than 15 items on our site, so everyone has a chance to win. We'll make a note of leaders in the beginner and intermediate prizes, too.
|Overall Standings (Final)|
Total bids placed: 10,610
(updated 2/18/12 at 11:30 AM)
1. Anyone can compete for the top prizes regardless of their status on the site.
2. Intermediate prizes will be awarded to the top intermediate bidder (5 - 15 wins) unless that bidder is also eligible for a top prize. Beginner prizes will be awarded to the top beginner bidder (0 - 4 wins) unless that bider is also eligible for a top prize or an intermediate prize.
3. All winners will be reviewed prior to announcement. Bidders found using duplicate accounts prior to announcing the winners will have both account suspended and their prizes will be awarded to the next highest bidder.
4. Top bidders in individuals auctions will be awarded their 10 bids the following business day.
5. Entry is free. Participants must purchase or earn bids.
6. Winners will be announced on this page and also our Facebook page.
7. Odds of winning: the odds of winning cannot be provided in advance because it will depend on the number of participants, their skill level and bidding activity.